The flu is serious. It disrupts lives causing children and adults to miss out on daily activities or special events.
Families Fighting Flu’s ongoing, national public education campaign since 2013, Stay in the Game™, reminds everyone – children, moms, dads, grandparents, healthcare providers, teachers, and community members – about the importance of getting an annual flu vaccination, so you can stay healthy and keep doing the things you love!
Did You Know…?
- On average in the U.S., more than 38 million days of school and 5 million sporting events are missed EACH YEAR due to the flu!
- Annually, the flu causes more than 20,000 children to be hospitalized.
- In the U.S., the flu causes more deaths than all other vaccine-preventable diseases combined. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), upwards of 56,000 Americans lose their lives to flu every year, including approximately 100 children.
- The annual economic burden of flu in the U.S. is $5.8 BILLION!
The flu vaccine is the safest and most effective way to protect yourself, your family and those around you from the flu. Everyone 6 months of age and older should get vaccinated every year.
Over the years, Stay in the Game has included many different educational initiatives, including but not limited to, key messaging on social media and digital channels, print publications, public service announcements, and the creation of a healthcare professional educational resource. The sharing of personal stories from families affected by flu is paramount to illustrating the potential devastating effects of this vaccine-preventable disease.
- Postcard: Emergency warning signs of flu in children
- Community poster
- Doctor’s office poster
- School poster
- School worksheets: Grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-8
- "Do You Know the Flu?" Infographic
- "Get to Know the Flu Vaccine" Infographic
Get your flu vaccine today to Stay in the Game™!