Helping Healthcare Professionals Fight Flu
Families Fighting Flu has partnered with the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) and HealthyWomen to develop a Do You Know the Flu? comprehensive toolkit for pediatric healthcare professionals in an effort to increase annual flu vaccination rates in the pediatric population.
We realize that as healthcare professionals, you have a lot of responsibilities when it comes to your patients, only one of which is flu prevention. However, we know you understand how serious the flu can be, even for healthy people. And we want to help you make a difference in the fight against flu.
- A personal note from a pediatric nurse practitioner that highlights why healthcare professionals are so important for flu prevention
- Family stories that illustrate just how serious flu can be for children, even healthy children
- Benefits of flu vaccination to share with your patients
- A Do You Know the Flu? quiz to test your flu knowledge
- Key flu messages for patient/parent conversations
- A conversation road map on how to address tough flu-related questions
- Flu facts
- A public service announcement called Play It Safe
- Resources to share with parents, including two infographics
Are you a healthcare professional willing to provide feedback on this resource? If so, click here to sign up.
Page last reviewed: May 2020.